The department was established in 1994. Course offered by the department is B.Tech – Chemical Engineering which is affiliated to Anna University Chennai. It is a full time course with 8 semesters. Current annual intake is 60 students. Mode of admission is Institutional and Central (SWS). The Department has been accredited by National Board of Accredition and its validity till 2022.
Name of the Programme
Year of Approval
To provide a knowledge centered education that continually responds to changing realities in the field of Chemical Engineering.
To establish academic integrity so as to inculcate the professional skills to compete in global environments.
To enrich the Chemical Engineering knowledge through research & innovation.
To hone the skills of students to succeed in Chemical Industry.
Career Achievement : Our graduates will have a successful career in chemical and allied industries by demonstrating their skills in facing the challenges posed by the ever changing chemical industrial and research sector.
Professionalism: Our graduates will exhibit leadership qualities by taking suitable decisions and will work in multidisciplinary teams discharging their social responsibilities as engineers following ethical practices.
Life-long Learning: Our graduates will continue to expand their technical competence by developing their knowledge, skills and engaging themselves in learning activities throughout their career.
22 Batches working across the globe
Anna University Ranks greater than 25 percentage of total ranks
Pass Percentage is greater than 90 percentage
No of doctorates are 3 and Pursuing PhD are 4
No of Patents Published is 1 and 1 patent is filed
No of Paper publication of staff and students are more than 100
Placement is always more than 95 percent of the eligible strength with highest package of 8 LPA
Engineering Graduates will be able to
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or process that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to proceed valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Ethos: Possess a great spirit of an innovative chemical engineer and passionate towards the chemical engineering problem solving and design.
2. Contemporary Issues: Aware of contemporary issues like climate change, environmental pollution and energy crisis and foresee a suitable solution for the issues related these problems.
Copyrights © 2015 All rights reserved | Website Development Team