Bureaucracy is the key to good governance and administration. To be a civil servant, a candidate must be given intensive structured training to crack the civil services examinations. Keeping this concern and in order to motivate the students who would prospectively become bureaucrats in the future, our management has taken a larger measure through St. Joseph’s Civil Services Academy.
The Academy aims to produce the able bureaucrats who would act as beacon of light for the welfare of the society. The academy aspires to create an avenue for the students to explore the opportunities in Indian Civil Services and Tamil Nadu Public Services (Group I services). The academy trains all of the students at free of cost, those who aspires to be an able and efficient civil servant.
A good civil servant understands that he/she must serve as an instrument of good governance and foster socio-economic development in the service of the nation to add value to the society.
The St. Joseph’s Civil Services Academy for UPSC Training program had conducted a Seminar on “The Life in IAS, IPS & IFS-Examination Process and Preparation Strategies” by Mr. Ilanchezhian, Former Assistant Commandant, in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on February 05, 2020 from 10.00 am to 12.20 pm. Through this seminar the students gained an insight in to the innovative strategic examination preparation process. The cumulative information delivered by the guest was very informative.
|Combined Civil Services Examinations- I (Group- I Services)
Happy to inform that our student Ms. MANISHA A (2013-2017 Batch, ICE Dept.) has been selected provisionally for appointment by direct recruitment to the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Tamil Nadu Police Services included in the CCS- I Examination (Group- I Services) 2016- 2019 conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Tamil Nadu.
|Combined Engineering Services (CES) Examinations
Mr. VIGNESH RAJ S (2014-2018 Batch, Civil Dept.) has been selected as Assistant Engineer in Highway Department. He has secured the 69th Rank in Combined Engineering Services Examinations- 2019 conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Tamil Nadu.
|3.||Mr.Valid Sha||Economics||25 years|
|4.||Mr.RajKumar||Indian Polity||10 years|
|5.||Mr.Prakash||Environmental, Economics||10 years|
|6.||Mr.S DaneshKumar||General Ability||9 years|
|7.||Mr.A Stephen||Current Affairs||8 years|
|8.||Mr.Stalin||Geography, current Affairs||8 years|
|9.||Mr. Thangamuthu||Aptitude & Reasoning||5 years|
"Bravery is not the lack of fear, rather, it is the ability to move forward in the face of fear."
To aid those brave minds that are ready for greater sacrifices for the safety of the nation, Our Management inaugurated the St. Joseph's Defence Academy on the 25th Anniversary Year of St. Joseph's to prepare students to proudly serve in the three services of the Indian Armed Forces.
In order to prepare the candidates for various opportunities available in the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force, the Indian Coast Guard and the Paramilitary Force, the academy and the management have arranged the following seminars and workshops:
1. On 04th August 2018, Mr. V. Nanda Kumar, IRS, Additional Commissioner, Income Tax Department and Lt. Esan Training Commander and Student candidates (With their Parents) who were selected in Defence services through SSB exam had presented their experience to our aspirants and cleared their various doubts.
2. On 05th March 2019, Mr. Surendren, Director of Defence Academy, Chennai had visited our academy and provided elaborate details about upcoming opportunities and explained the role of engineers in Defence Services in detail.
3. On 28th August 2019, our St. Joseph’s Defence Officers Academy has been officially Inaugurated by Dr. Sylendra Babu C. IPS, Director General of Police Railways and Lt. Esan, Training Commander, Centre for Career and Uniform Services, Coimbatore. More than 1000 aspiring students attended the inaugural ceremony and interacted with the chief guest.
4. On 04.09.2019, we have conducted a screening test for Defence Aspirants, in view of starting classes for the deserving students. The screening test has been carried out to test the ability of students in three different categories i.e., verbal ability, aptitude and general awareness. An equal weightage has been given to all the categories and aspirants have been shortlisted based on the performance.
5. On 04.10.2019, Lt. Esan, Training Commander, Centre for Career and Uniform Services, along with his team of cadets, conducted the second round of interview for the shortlisted students. The shortlisted students have been divided into 13 batches on the basis of 15 per batch. Each batch has been called for group discussion to discuss a topic. At the end of each batch presentation, Lt. Esan briefed about their performances and guided them positively.
6. The academy has organized a motivational talk on “The Life in IAS, IPS & IFS-Examination Process and preparation Strategies” by Mr.Ilanchezhian, Former Assistant Commandant, in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on February 05, 2020 from 10.00 am to 12.20 pm.
7. Conducted a Webinar on “U Turn- Critical Moment for Civil Service Preparation” by Mr. Nandakumar IRS, Additional Commissioner, Ministry of Finance, Government of India organized on 12/06/2020.
8. Conducted a Webinar on “How to Turn Your Failure into Success” by Mrs. S. Bhuvaneshwari I.R.S, Deputy Director of Income Tax, Bangalore organized by Department of EEE, St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology on 14/06/2020.
9. Conducted a Webinar on “Determination and Perseverance - Open Doors to Civil Services” by Mr. Nandakumar IRS Additional Commissioner, Ministry of Finance, Government of India organized by Department of CSE, St. Joseph`s College of Engineering on 06/07/2020.
10. Conducted 3- Days Workshop on “Role of Electrical Engineer in Space Agency”, by Mr. Roger Hunter (Program Manager, NASA, California, United States), Mr. A Benzigar Rajan (Scientist, ISRO, Tamilnadu, India) and Mr. Goutam Chattopadhyay (Senior Scientist, NASA-JPL, California, United States) held from 14/05/2021 to 16/05/2021.
11. Conducted a Webinar on “Career Opportunities for Engineers in Indian Navy” by Commodore P.C.Maragathavelan, Chief Quality Assurance Officers (Eastern Fleet Stores), Indian Navy, Visakapatnam held on 04/06/2021.
12. Conducted a Webinar on “Engineers Make A Difference” by Mr. Siddharth Thangaraj, I.R.S., Deputy Commissioner, GST & Central Excise Customs, Tirupur held on 27/06/2021.
13. Conducted a Webinar on “Engineers Make a Difference” by Mr. Siddharth Thangaraj, I.R.S., Deputy Commissioner, GST & Central Excise Customs, Tirupur held on 27/06/2021.
14. Conducted a Webinar on “Civil Services as a Career (IAS, IPS, IFS & More)” by Mr. Priyanka, IAS, Training Collector, Dindugul District and Mr. Mohammed Yasar Arafath, Deputy Commissioner, GST & Central Excise Customs, Coimbatore held on 25/09/2021.
15. Conducted a motivational workshop on “Defence Academy Awareness Program” by Lt. Esan, Training Commander, Officers Preparing Academy, Coimbatore held on 25/10/2021.
Around 450 students of St. Joseph's Group of Institutions are equipped in every sense of the word to be a part of various levels in different categories of Defence Services.
|1.||Ms. R. Kreeshma,Electrical and Electronics Engineering,2014-2018||
Got selected as Sub-Lieutenant in the Aviation Specialization.
Joined Indian Naval Academy on 24th Dec 2018.
In the POP held at 25th May 2019 she was awarded with the ‘Chief of the Naval Staff Gold Medal’ for the Naval Orientation (Regular) Course and the ‘Zamorin Trophy’ for the best women cadet (instituted for the first time).
She has won the Book Prize after being adjudged ‘Best in Overall Order of Merit’ from the Short Service Commission Observer course batch.
|2.||Ms. M. Tamizhvani,Electronics and Communication Engineering,2015-2019||
Got selected as Flying Officer for Indian Air Force Academy
Joined Indian Air Force Academy on 15th March 2019
|3.||Mr. A. Naveen Chandar,Mechanical Engineering,2015-2019||
Got selected as Flying Officer for Indian Air Force Academy
Joined Indian Air Force Academy on 27th Jan 2020
Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and to lose, it teaches you about life.
St Joseph's offers exclusive facilities to sports players to ensure that sports are given equal importance as academics
We have a sports village covering about an astounding 30 acres with well-maintained venues for various sports and games.
Sports scholarships – Rs 3 Crores every year
Cash awards on Achiever's Day
Sports students - Rs 3.5 Lakhs
Athletes - Rs 1.71 Lakhs
Coaches - Rs 1.6 Lakhs
No wonder our students achieve at National and International levels every year!
St. Joseph's has the highest intake of sports students. In the current batch around 78 students have been admitted through sports quota.
It is an undeniable fact that St. Joseph's was the pioneer to start sports quota admissions in the Tamil Nadu and this was followed by all the other reputed institutions.
St. Joseph's also conducts the following events:
St. Joseph’s Volley Ball Academywas started by St. Joesph’s Group of Institutions in the year 2013. It has been the best team from the year 2014 due
to the untiring efforts of its trainer, Mr. Jayaprakash S.
St. Joseph’s Group of Institution was integrated with Veludayar Higher Sec. School which is located in Tiruvarur district in the year 2014.The volleyball team won the first place in ‘B’ Division Tournament
conducted in the year 2015 and it was selected for ‘A’ Division Volley ball Tournament due to the Encouragement, Guidance and Constant support from
St. Joseph’s Group of Institutions
During 2017-2018, its noteworthy to mention several outstanding teams like Karnataka Postal, Chennai Customs, ICF Chennai Departments etc. have been defeated by our Academic team.In the Anna university Inter Zone Tournament, the Volleyball team defeated Panimalar Engineering College and Chennai team emerged as “CHAMPIONS” and there were SIX PLAYERS who were selected for all India Inter University Tournament who represented the Anna University Team and also the all India Inter Colligate Tournament in IIT MADRAS. Our team defeated Panimalar Engineering College in straight sets of (25-23 , 25-18 , 25-15) and finally emerged victories. In another tournament of SVCE Trophy, our team defeated Panimalar Engineering College in straight sets and marched towards victory.St. Joseph’s Volley Ball AcademySelvavinayagam V, Sugunan S, Subramani V, Balachandar K, Vignesh S represented Anna University in south zone inter University tournament and secured third place, they also secured second place in All India University Tournament.These victories are attributed to the sincere hard work of St. Joseph’s Sports Academy
|S.NO.||NAME OF THE TOURNAMENT||VENUE||DATE OF THE TOURNAMENT||PLACE ACHEIVED|
|1.||Y.M.C.A VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT||YMCA, ROYAPETH||31-07-2019 to 02-08-2019||SECOND PLACE|
|2.||87th BETRAM STATE LEVEL VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT||LOYOLA COLLEGE, CHENNAI||04-08-2019 to 07-08-2019||FOURTH PLACE|
|3.||G-ONE STATE LEVEL INVITATION TOURNAMENT||VEDHARNEYAM, NAGAPATTINAM||19-06-2019 to 21-06-2019||THIRD PLACE|
|4.||ANNA UNIVERSITY ZONE TOURNAMENT||JAIN COLLEGE, D.B.CHENNAI||17-10-2019||FIRST PLACE|
|5.||ANNA UNIVERSITYINTER-ZONE TOURNAMENT||PAAVAI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, NAMAKKAL||02-11-2019 to 03-11-2019||SECOND PLACE|
|6.||CIT INTER COLLEGE VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT||CHENNAI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, CHENNAI||31-01-2020||THIRD PLACE|
|7.||SVCE INTER COLLEGE VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT||SRI VENKATESHWARA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,
|8.||6th THANTHAI PERIYAR STATE LEVEL INVITATION TOURNAMENT||ONGC, RAMANATHAPURAM||10-01-2020 to 12-01-2020||FIRST PLACE|
|9.||SEETHAIAMMAL MEMORIAL VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT||VADUGAPATTY, THENI||15-01-2020 to 17-01-2020||THIRD PLACE|
|10.||69th SENIOR STATE VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP||S.V.N COLLEGE, MADURAI||03-12-2019 to 06-12-2019||TOP EIGHT|
St. Joseph’s Tamil Thalaivas Kabaddi Academy was founded in the year 2018 by St. Joseph’s Group of Institutions. The Academy has various teams for different age groups for boys and girls: boys- Under 14, Under 17, Under 19 and girls - Under 17. It has proved its outstanding performance at various levels with the efforts of the trainer, Mr. C. Nivas. St. Joseph’s Group of Institutions has collaborations with Evans Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Tharamani and Brotherhood Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Neelankarai to offer schooling for the players. All the 35 boys and 14 girls of the teams are provided Schooling, Accommodation and Food Free of cost. A total of Rs. 30,00,000 is spent for the players every year
|S.NO.||Date(s)||Name of the Tournament / Meet||Category||Venue||Result|
|1.||12/08/2019 & 14/08/2019||KONGU TROPHY
(STATE LEVEL SCHOOL TOURNAMENT)
|Under-19 (Boys)||KONGU ARTS AND SCIENCE, ERODE||1st Place wits Rs 10,000 Cash Prize|
|2.||18/09/2019 & 19/09/2019||CHERAN TROPHY
(STATE LEVEL SCHOOL TOURNAMENT)
|Under-19 (Boys)||CHERAN ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE, KARAIKUDI||2nd Place with Rs 5,000 Cash Prize|
|3.||19/10/2019||EVAANS TROPHY (U-19)||Under-19 (Boys)||EVANNS MATRICULATION SCHOOL, CHENNAI||1st Place with Rs 10,000 Cash Prize|
(INTER SCHOOL TOURNAMENT)
|Under-19 (Boys)||VIVEKANANDA VIDHYALAYA, CHENNAI||1st Place with Rs 5,000 Cash Prize|
(INTER SCHOOL TOURNAMENT)
|VELAMMAL VIDYALAYA, MUGAPER||1st Place with Rs 5,000 Cash Prize|
|6.||30/12/2019||SAI RAM TROPHY
(STATELEVEL INTER SCHOOL TROPHY)
|Under-19 (Boys)||SAI RAM COLLEGEOF ENGINEERING, CHENNAI||1st Place with Rs 7,000 Cash Prize|
|7.||20/12/2019||TNTER SCHOOL TOURNAMENT (U-19)||Under-19 (Boys)||MAHARISHI SCHOOL, CHENNAI||1st Place with Rs 5,000 Cash Prize|
|8.||07/02/2020||OLOGY TROPHY||Under-14 (Boys)
|VELAMMAL INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PONNERI||1st Place with Rs. 6,000 Cash Prize|